Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Two projects from awhile back

So I thought I would share two projects that I completed awhile ago.

My wife told me that her sister wanted something special for Christmas to store baby food. After making a call while in Wal-mart to decide which size baby food jar it needed to house (since they somehow got away from the regular size ones), I purchased a jar and took it home to start the project. After the shop shelves i felt pretty comfortable throwing together a quick cabinet to hang on the wall so it was really a breeze. The only real difference between the shop cabinet and this was the door and close shelves. Total project time was under 1 hour. The result was pretty good. Take a look.

This cabinet holds 24-25 Stage 3 baby food jars and makes a great gift to a new mother!

My other totally impressive a cool project was this design by Popular Mechanics ( I think) for a library chair. This guy was a long 6 hour project, but that was before I had a good setup in the shop. We have some high cabinets and its the perfect thing to have around the house.
The whole thing cost around $15

The chair back flips over the front to turn into the step ladder.

No comments: